Monday, October 02, 2006

Paris van Java

My hometown is Bandung because I was borned in Bandung and I live in Bandung. I think Bandung is a beautiful city. Because there are a lot of interesting place, friendly people, and delicious food. So people usually called Bandung Paris van Java or flower city. There are several place that I think very interesting. For example satay building in Diponegoro Road. This building was used by Netherlands’ government when Indonesia was occupied by Netherlands. Today this building is used by West Java governor. Another place that I think very interesting is braga road. In this road, there are many historical building that are built by Dutch architect. So people can see many buildings with old European style in this road. Bandung is also famous with factory outlet. In factory outlet people can buy branded cloth in low price. Therefore, there are many people from Jakarta or other cities that come to Bandung in weekend to go to factory outlet.

I have mentioned in first pharagraph that Bandung has a lot of delicious food. So people usually buy some to give their friends or relatives when they go back home from Bandung. For example Bandung’s traditional food such as peuyeum. Peuyeum is made from fermented cassava. It taste sweet and little bitter because it contains alcohol. Bandung also have traditional drink which called cendol. It made from rice powder and has green color. Cendol usually served with red sugar and santan which made from coconut. It is very delicious and I think you should try it. Cafés in Bandung is very famous too because their place in high land such as in Dago or Lembang that provide beautiful scenery and its food very delicious. So people can have dinner with beautiful Bandung’s city light. That’s all little thing about my hometown. I think you should visit Bandung at some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home